The Resource 1940s fashion : the definitive sourcebook
- 1940s fashion : the definitive sourcebook
- Title remainder
- the definitive sourcebook
- Statement of responsibility
- Other Emmanuelle Dirix
- From haute couture to ready-to-wear, this title documents the season-by-season fashions of the WWII era and the immediate post war period. It covers every aspect of female fashions from the period, from lacy evening gowns, tailored skirt-suits and luxurious fur jackets to figure-sculpting undergarments, satin negligees and glamorous swimwear.
- "There isn't a more comprehensive source to Twenties fashion that I can think of...an absolute must for anyone interested in Twenties fashion or art deco" (Style High Club) "A source of all the styles, colours, shapes, and silhouettes of the Golden Twenties" (Vogue Germany)"
- Biographical or historical data
- Emmanuelle Dirix is a highly regarded fashion historian and curator. She lectures on Critical and Historical studies at Winchester School of Art, Central Saint Martins, the Royal College of Art and the Antwerp Fashion Academy. She regularly contributes to exhibition catalogues and academic volumes. Recent projects include the exhibition and book Unravel: Knitwear in Fashion, Fashion Sourcebook 1920s and 1930s Fashion: the Definitive Sourcebook.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Summary expansion
- The early Forties might have been years of make-do-and-mending and fashionable inventiveness, but the latter half of the decade saw an explosion of contemporary forward-looking fashions. "1940s Fashion: the Definitive Sourcebook" is an extensive survey that brings together previously unpublished photography and beautifully drawn illustrations to provide a comprehensive overview of the period, from the austerity fashion of the war years to the introduction of Dior's revolutionary "New Look", and the rise of Hollywood glamour. From haute couture to ready-to-wear, this publication comprehensively documents the season-by-season fashions of the WWII era and the immediate post war period. The images feature prominent stars of the decade such as Joan Bennett, Veronica Lake and Barbara Stanwyck, and designers including Dior, Lucien Lelong, Balmain, Nina Ricci, and Worth. "1940s Fashion: the Definitive Sourcebook" covers every aspect of female fashions from the period, from lacy evening gowns, tailored skirt-suits and luxurious fur jackets to figure-sculpting undergarments, satin negligees and glamorous swimwear. The introduction outlines the different themes of the period and each chapter is given an introduction. Biographies of major designers of the time are included, for an in-depth look at who shaped the 1940s fashion world
- Target audience
ContextContext of 1940s fashion : the definitive sourcebook
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 1940s fashion : the definitive sourcebook
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/resource/dIajXd5aojs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/resource/dIajXd5aojs/">1940s fashion : the definitive sourcebook</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/">Manawatu District Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Manawatu District Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...