The Resource Trash
- Statement of responsibility
- Andy Mulligan
- Raphael is a dumpsite boy. He spends his days wading through mountains of steaming trash, sifting it, sorting it, breathing it, sleeping next to it. Then one unlucky-lucky day, Raphael's world turns upside down. A small leather bag falls into his hands. It's a bag of clues. It's a bag of hope. It's a bag that will change everything.
- "One of my favourite novels of 2010, now in paperback with a new cover look. Reminiscent of Slumdog Millionaire, three dumpsite boys take on the world in this gripping and intensely moving story ... Harrowing, exhilarating, humbling and quite brilliant" The Bookseller "Outstanding, hotly anticipated thriller ... an exceptionally satisfying plot" The Times "Wonderful - an exciting story with engaging characters told in a clever way with spare but lyrical prose ... Trash comes highly recommended by me, and I don't have time to say any more about it because I'm off to read it again. And after that, I might read it again. And then again. You read it too" The Bookbag "A thriller with moral weight and a complex structure" Financial Times "A superbly original tale" The Sun
- Biographical or historical data
- Andy Mulligan was brought up in South London. He worked as a theatre director for ten years, before travels in Asia prompted him to retrain as a teacher. He has taught English and Drama in Britain, India, Brazil and the Philippines. Andy's novel Trash has been published in twenty-two languages and will soon be a major motion picture directed by Stephen Daldry and scripted by Richard Curtis.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- From 12 from 12
- Literary form
- Summary expansion
- Soon to be a major film by Stephen Daldry and Richard Curtis. Raphael is a dumpsite boy. He spends his days wading through mountains of steaming trash, sifting it, sorting it, breathing it, sleeping next to it. Then one unlucky-lucky day, Raphael's world turns upside down. A small leather bag falls into his hands. It's a bag of clues. It's a bag of hope. It's a bag that will change everything. Soon Raphael and his friends Gardo and Rat are running for their lives. Wanted by the police, it takes all their quick-thinking and fast-talking to stay ahead. As the net tightens, they uncover a dead man's mission to put right a terrible wrong. And now it's three street boys against the world..
- Target audience
ContextContext of Trash
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Trash
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/resource/rJPYuQ3Z7Jk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/resource/rJPYuQ3Z7Jk/">Trash</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.feilding.kotui.org.nz/">Manawatu District Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Manawatu District Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...